Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Plot70 View Post
    I had a false alarm today.
    A fruit that had just started changing from green had a big brown patch on it.
    I was about to rip the plant out when I checked the fruit. The brown patch mostly fell off.
    It turned out that a bird had fly-tipped on the fruit without getting any on the leaves above.
    Even if it had been blight, ripping the entire plant out just because of one infected fruit seems rather an overreaction.
    My greenhouse tomatoes first showed signs of infection over a month ago, but they are still plodding along. You just remove the infected leaves and fruit as they appear.

Comment

I usually find that very few green fruits ripen so it would have been out and all green fruit off and into the pot.
      I have a couple of trusses that are just a couple of fruits off ready to come home as vines.
      Getting the plants started was almost impossible this spring. I just wove the stems through builders fence panels with climbing beans either side of them. There is a few signs of minor frost damage on the upper leaves and one or two lower leaves are going yellow.
      I have only got two plants left after the bad start but with the spacing they have got plenty of fresh air.
      Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X